Monday, February 7, 2011

Sustainable Beauty: BN Herbal Wonder Cream

I’ve been using this since December and I think it’s just in time for a review.

I bought this together with the Bare Naturals BB Cream. Both products claim to reduce age spots, acne scars and effectively lighten the skin. According to its manufacturer, the Bare Naturals Herbal Wonder Cream is highly recommended for the face, and other dark areas such as armpit, elbows, bikini line. I need this for my freckles! :D  



Bare Naturals Herbal Wonder Cream’s 18 effective skin lightening herbal ingredients:

aloe vera, emu oil, aragan oil, alpha arbutin, gigawhite [Glycerine, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow Extract), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Alchemilla Vulgaris Extract, Veronica Officinalis Extract, Melissa Officinalis LE, Achillea Milefolium Extract]melawhite, melfade and papaya extract

SLS and Paraben-free! Hooray!

What I love about it:

It’s creamy but not too heavy
 Moisturizing enough but if you’re suffering from dry skin,
 you still need to apply a moisturizer after applying it.  
Easily absorbed by the skin
Has a light and subtle scent
No stingy feel considering it has skin lightening ingredients
 (and I have sensitive skin as well!)
No unsightly peeling


light-medium consistency 

What I don’t:

I prefer pump bottles for hygienic purposes
 This comes in a tub container and since it claims to be herbal and all,
 it’s more prone to spoilage so make sure to avoid double dipping.
 Use a spatula to scoop out the cream to prevent contamination.
Price is steep for a 15g pack (costs P398)
 Plus, tub’s not completely full; it’s almost half a tub! (or maybe I just got a bad stock)
It has no plastic seal or cover (like almost all organic/herbal/natural products sold locally)
Not readily available as you need to purchase the products online
(But I think they already have a physical store in Tunasan, Muntinlupa)


at least it has an inner seal

The Verdict:

It did lighten my freckles! The brightening effect worked.
 My skintone has become much more even
 (although I have fairly white skin to begin with).
 And no breakouts from these two products! Yey!


pardon the sheets, I just woke up :P


see?? :)


To maximize its benefits, use the Herbal Wonder Cream twice a day. Best when used with Bare Naturals BB cream. Use a gentle facial scrub at least once a week to ensure you’re sloughing off unnecessary dead skin cells. Avoid spending time in direct sunlight. Use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 or higher. Use an alcohol free cleanser and toner to avoid skin irritation. And like any other skin lightening product, avoid prolonged use.  

Care to give it a try? You may go to: Bare Naturals Site to order one. :)


**This is not a paid review. The views expressed here are solely those of the author. What works for me, might not work for you. So keep an open mind and use at your own risk.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Let me know what you think! :)