Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Online Hiatus

I’ve been thinking about going cold turkey from this online frenzy or what I call cyberdrama. The constant need to update your status and necessity to be virtually connected to the world. And it’s starting to annoy the hell out of me for the nth time.

I made a little experiment to see which of my FB friends, are really my friends.

I turned off my FB wall the day before and during my birthday to see which of them would actually greet me a personal birthday message. My real life friends sent me PMs and text messages wishing me a happy birthday. I’m not really surprised because those who greeted me are those people whom I had expected. And I’m grateful for those who even tagged me in their wall posts just to greet me. It’s then that I realized how I badly miss the old ways of communicating with people.

I always look forward to writing letters. Be it a simple note or a long one. It’s the old soul in me, and it’s also one reason why I prefer texting/sending emails rather than engaging in a phone conversation. I’m not much of a talker. The only time I get to talk non-stop is when I’m with my family, my sister and some of our closest friends.

I’m quitting this cyberdrama for the meantime and resorting to good old ways of reaching out to old friends and keeping in touch with them. But I am still as always; blogging, using email, texting and available for coffee or tea anytime!

I miss my old self. I guess I’m officially getting old to be feeling this way. 

my junk food fix with a good old friend of mine

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, I actually feel the same during birhtdays of friends, wherein it seems that a simple "Happy Birthday" on your bestfriend-for-n-years is enough. It's saddening though that because of Facebook, personal greetings or letters become unnecessary... And we need and miss those.

    I agree that sometimes, it's tiring to update statuses... But you just have to. :|

    P.S. I like the new look of see.think.create.!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear! I changed the page color so the photos would pop-out. It gave a nice contrast. :)

    I badly miss those days. Good thing I have my boys to keep me sane. All the best, Judy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss cards and letters! I'm kinda torn though. It would be nice to save paper... so recycled paper perhaps? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think! :)