Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts on Religion and EX Issues

Whenever I pray and I want answers, I would always ask the Almighty, to give me a sign. Be it a consent or a twist of fate to forbid it. It would always be like that. 

I’m not a religious person, but I have a close relationship with God. And I have high respect for people who value their personal faith despite of being ridiculed and stereotyped (e.g. Muslims, Iglesia ni Kristo/Ang Dating Daan members, etc). I’m not being self righteous here, but I believe the world would be a better place to live in if we could just respect each other’s belief.

RESPECT. Do you know the meaning of the word? Or do you want me to google that for you??

I used to be a skeptic. I used to bash my college professor that Christianity’s not the only way to live a meaningful and moral life. I hated going to Sunday mass because I find the church full of hypocrites. But despite of being a skeptic, I never questioned the existence of God. I can’t. Because despite all the arguments and life’s unanswered questions, I know deep inside, we can’t live a moral life if we don’t believe that there’s a higher being above us, that we need faith so we can rely on each other and hope for a better tomorrow (so I still go to mass, but not on a Sunday to accompany hubby). 

Do you believe in fate? Do you believe in karma?

This is one reason why ex-lovers can’t be friends. No matter how hard you try to be nice, or civil with each other, it’s all bullshit. The reason why the two of you broke up in the first place is because you can’t stand being together as a couple. What difference does it make when you have your own lives already?

So please stop making lame excuses and blaming other people for your misfortunes.
 Stop stereotyping people for your ignorance. You claim to be such a smartass? 
Then you better brush up your vocabulary/comprehension skills! You can have all the money in the world, but you’ll still be miserable. Do you know why?
 Because you’re mean and one heartless prick.

Again RESPECT. It’s how you build human relationships.

my prayer/gratitude journal c/o Judiya of ExCommunicado :)

4 comments:

  1. Woah. I agree. :) Respect is all we need, may it be for religion or for relationships. And exes, we should respect where they are right now, and they too should respect us in return.

    Thanks for, again, appreciating and will really put into use my simple gift. Thank you and I am just so happy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always welcome, dear. Let's keep the faith and keep on writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i myself am not religious, so is hubby. i have been living my life based on buddhism principles (except the vegetarianism) and sometimes i ask myself, what religion do i teach my baby as she grows up? i still don't know until now... but i agree with you, r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you, Ms. Gay! I still think the exact same thing. But you know what, after years of searching for my so called "faith", I've come to realize that it's not about the religion anymore, it's about your relationship with a higher being, your devotion, the Golden rule and yes, again, RESPECT.

    All the best, fellow hippie mum! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think! :)