Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sustainable Beauty: By Nature Handmade Soaps



When I got pregnant last year, my allergies worsened. I was really determined to stop taking anti-histamines because I'm already 3weeks pregnant that time. Even though my OB prescribed it and assured me that it's safe, I'm still hesitant.

I've been a fan of natural and organic products since I was in high school, but little did I know the difference between the two. If a product was labeled "natural", it doesn't necessarily mean that all ingredients are plant derived. Manufacturers would use cheap preservatives called "paraben" to prolong the shelf life of the product that they sell. You can find parabens in most shampoos, conditioner, lotions, creams, deodorants and most especially cosmetics or those called drugstore make-ups.

I've found out that paraben has been linked to breast cancer. Although pharmaceutical companies claim that it's safe to use them as preservatives and it's just a myth, the inner earth child in me will always prevail that I still decided to make the big switch. I did some research and learned about By Nature Handmade Soaps on TheGoodEarth site. To my delight, I found out that almost all their products are 100% organic, some are 97% organic. It's just like in Healthy Options wherein they have organic labeling guides but cheaper.

"Because they are ALL-NATURAL, BY NATURE Handmade Soaps contain NO chemical preservatives, hardeners or additives. They are made with food-grade vegetable oils such as coconut oil, palm oil, and olive oil and are lovingly made using the cold-process method. With this soapmaking method, BY NATURE Handmade Soaps are made completely from scratch. No short-cuts or pre-manufactured bases and you get all the goodness of naturally-formed glycerin, too!"    -BNHMS

What's not to love?

I ordered a stash of soaps, Baby Salve, Balm of Butter and Facial Oil. What do you know, it took me 2-3 days of using them and my allergies are gone. Yes, gone, as in no more sneezy and stuffy nose every morning and no more sleepless nights.

I love how the soaps are unlike other organic or handmade soaps in the market. It lathers; they smell so great that taking a bath for me is more delightful. I love how the scent lingers in the air but it's not overpowering. It doesn't melt easily. The bar is big and not that expensive. My favorites are Choco Latte, Cocoa Butter Melt, Citrus White, Milkenhoney and Green Tea Escape. My hubby and my eldest use organic soaps too. Actually, they're quite addicted to it. My online seller, Ms. Tet Reyes is the sweetest! She never hesitated in answering my queries and giving brilliant suggestions. She offers a wide range of products, from household organic products to personal use. I never would have thought that online shopping could be this fun. Go ahead, take a chance and give it a try. More than likely, you'll be happy you did. You'll see the difference.  

Read more about it at:

3 comments:

  1. my friend mariel (coz she has sensitive skin too), is the number1 fan of these soaps... I got the chance to use them for a while last year but came back to Dove parin. Now i'm using Kojic Soap (nagpapaputi! care of my officemate). Though the soaps smells so good talaga! Good to eat na nga eh.. hehehe!!! Have you heard about Ilog Maria? Check these sites www.ilogmaria.com & oneplanetnoah.multiply.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ate! Will try Ilog Maria as well :) I am so addicted to organic body products! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Affordable natural beauty products Pao and Jo Clean Beauty provides all-natural, handmade and affordable hair and skincare products nationwide.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think! :)